Many of us are struggling to keep it all together during these unprecedented times. COVID-19, protests highlighting systemic racism and police brutality, economic uncertainty, unemployment, natural disasters, political changes and the future of education (just to name a few) has left us physically, mentally and emotionally drained.
The storm of emotions I am feeling is also raging on for many. It’s a lot to handle, and it’s having a disastrous impact on our mental health. Mental health conditions impact the entire family. We need to have strategies that allow us to experience relief and recharge so we can be a support for our loved ones. The more we take care of our mental, emotional and spiritual well-being, the better we will be able to show up for ourselves and for each other.
Take some deep breaths and ask yourself:
- How am I feeling?
- What do I need?
- What am I grateful for?
- What can I do today that makes me happy?
Self Care Tips:
- Keep in contact with people who bring you happiness.
- Journaling or writing down thoughts and feelings can be a great way to release emotions.
- Move your body. Exercise releases endorphins. Make it a priority to commit 30 minutes each day for a walk.
- Limit your social media intake.
- Be gentle with yourself.
How are you going to love and care for yourself this week?